Friday, February 19, 2010

India. I am here.

August 2008 was the last time I posted an entry and it was on my journey home from Thailand after a few months in Southeast Asia. Now a year and half later, a week and a half away from home, I find myself back in Asia, feeling just as confused as i was the day I arrived in Bangkok.

After a long hiatus, I am back!

It took 10 days in England to let it sink in, I am finally here....with no job to worry about at home, no rent to pay, and pretty much no responsibilities aside from finding a place to lay my head every night and squeezing every bit of enjoyment I possibly can out of every single day!

I am in India. I landed in New Delhi at 6 o'clock this morning and my head is still spinning trying to come to grips with it. I got here with pretty much missing an entire nights sleep and feeling ever so jet lagged. I slept away a few hours this morning after checking into my hotel and then ventured out for a walk through the crowded streets and hectic markets. Toto, I dont think we're in kansas anymore!

In 7 hours Jessie should be safely picked up at the airport and delivered to our room and then I can let out a HUGE sigh of relief and the adventures begin tomorrow. There is power in numbers and I know everything that is scaring the crap out of me now (for example how am I supposed to order a meal when I cant understand a damn thing written down or said to me!)will be totally fine tomorrow.

So, till then I am going to slowly decompress and relish in the thought that this is day one of many.

No comments: